Monday, June 24, 2013

Chewy Brownies

This is one of the best and simple recipes I found after a long time for a brownie. I decided to bake some brownies as I had some left over cocoa powder. I then realized that I had lost all my recipes while moving,  not that I missed my brownie recipe, my brownies were more like brownie-cakes,  they were soft, not dense. Nor were they chewy, but it did taste good. So I started searching the internet for an easy brownie recipe within minimum ingredients and steps and luckily my search was just 2 clicks away and I found the recipe for the Chewiest Brownies from allrecipes.com. The secret to Chewy brownies - no baking powder or soda, now why didn't I think of that! They only ingredient I added were some chopped walnuts.



Ingredients:
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1 cup
  • Melted butter - 1/2 cup
  • White sugar - 2 cups
  • Eggs -2
  • Salt - 1/2 Tsp
  • All-purpose flour - 1 cup
  • Vanilla extract - 2Tsp
  • Walnuts : 1/4 cup (Optional)
  • Icing sugar for decoration - 1/3 cup (Optional)
Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line pan with greased parchment paper.
  • Combine the cocoa, melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt , flour and vanilla. Mix until well combined. It should be very thick and sticky.
  • Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool. 
  • Dust the icing sugar over the brownie using a metal strainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...